Marcia Pledger is a business journalist and author who specializes in covering stories of reinvention with both companies and careers. Her book, My Biggest Mistake … And How I Fixed It: Lessons from the Entrepreneurial Frontlines, features some of the more than 450 small business owners she’s featured. While she’s spent her career covering topics as diverse as public companies, marketing, technology, workplace trends and business etiquette, her preference is sharing the human experience in business. A constant learner from leaders of small and large companies, she enjoys sharing transformative business strategies with business groups, women’s organizations, colleges and universities. As a 2014 Knight Wallace Fellow and 2013 Kiplinger Fellow, she’s fascinated with the correlation between business etiquette and business success.
Made a business mistake that cost a bundle? Just fired a family member? Business owners large and small reveal to Cleveland’s Plain Dealer columnist, Marcia Pledger, their biggest business mistakes from bad hires to...
“My Biggest Mistake…is a must read and will surely find a place as a permanent desktop reference for both aspiring entrepreneurs as well as experienced professionals in either large or small companies.”
Michael Feuer, co-founder, OfficeMax
- Maria Dellapina’s daughter inspired her to design glasses for people with Down syndrome: Reinvention
- Former Cleveland Browns receiver Joe Jurevicius now makes plays in the laundry business: Reinvention
- Why Tony Kosicek went from grape farming to opening a winery: Reinvention
- Reinvention: Ritzman Pharmacies
- 5 questions with Teddy bear Parihug teen co-counder Xyla Foxlin